What visions do the „new kids on block“ have for the facades of the future? What concepts do they want to use to meet the increasingly complex demands on modern building envelopes? What do they want to do differently or maybe better? Moderated by the renowned facade experts Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ulrich Knaack (TU Darmstadt/Delft) and Dr.-Ing. Marcel Bilow (TU Delft), the English-language hybrid event will open the stage for visionary concepts and fresh, out-of-the-box ideas.
- Marcel Bilow (TU Delft) as „Dr. Bucky Lab“ shows imposing, but also unusual and hilarious facade ideas and aims a courage eye to the future of building envelopes.
- Dr.-Ing. Holger Strauß (Innobuild) will present the opportunities and advantages of 3D-printed façade joints and their impact on future building envelopes.
- Foteini Setaki (The New Raw) is checking how plastic waste streams can become the raw material for building components with the use of large scale 3D printing, in an effort to create closed material loops with local fabrication.
- Kathryn Larsen (TU Delft) is looking on an entirely new material for building envelopes. In her area of research, she is studying the use of seaweed in construction.
- Koen Post (bbn adviseurs) reports on the concept „Being outside inside“. The idea behind it is to transfer the climate conditions outside to the interior space.
- Jürgen Heinzel (HPP Architects) reports on forward-looking architectural projects, speculating on integrated and performative design solutions for future proof façade concepts.